LEAST Effective method of initiating LIFE Conversation
- · “Would you be interested in a LIFE Quote?”
- · If I offer you a LIFE Quote you’ll get a bigger discount on your Home and Auto
F.O.R.E. Family | Occupation | Recreation | Entertainment
- Are you married? What is your spouse’s name?
- Do you have children? What are their ages? What are their names?
- Do you have a mortgage? What is the balance?
- Who is the primary breadwinner? Does your spouse work?
Make Consultative Recommendations
“Based on the information you are telling me, my recommendation is that you get (want to consider) these coverage levels…”
PIVOT to LIFE Question
Thank you for letting me quote your Home and Auto Insurance, Mr. Holt. [Client Name]
As I’m reviewing your profile, I’m wondering if your wife, Karen, and your two boys, Gavin and Colin, would be taken care of if something were to happen to you.
- No mention of “Life Insurance”
- Use the customers spouse’s name and the names of their children
- Ask if their loved ones are going to be taken care of if something were to happen to them
Generic PIVOT to LIFE Question – use ANYTIME during SERVICE calls
“What sort of planning have you done to make sure that your wife and children would be taken care of if something were to happen to you?”
[Policyholder] Err… Um…. [I have some life insurance through work]… [I think I have some life insurance]…. [I don’t have any life insurance in place] [I can’t recall the exact amount], etc.
[STAFF] Ok… Well, I know it’s important to you that your wife and the kids would be taking care of should something ever happen to you…
And it’s my job as your insurance agent to make sure we cover all of your assets, especially your most important ones.
When is a good time for us to take a look at the specifics of your LIFE insurance coverages to make sure that they have kept up with the changes in your life [birth of a child, new home purchase, change of jobs, etc.]
[Policyholder] I don’t know… I’m really busy. Let me check my calendar and get back to you next week.
[STAFF] Ok… In the meantime, if you don’t mind, I’m going to send you a brief video. It would mean a lot to me if you and your spouse [wife] had a chance to watch it.
[Policyholder] OK… Sure send it over.
FOLLOW up in a DAY or TWO is IMPERATIVE
– – Now we have “more of a reason” to follow up. If they do watch the video, this will HELP to trigger emotions, keep your prospect engaged in the LIFE insurance sales cycle.
Email Video with Auto/Home Quote
Dear Mr. Holt,
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to provide you a quote for your insurance needs.
I am also including a brief video that explains how you can protect your family from financial hardship. It would be great if you and Karen could watch this video together, and then give me a call.
Please click on the thumbnail below or click here.
Follow up Phone Call after sending Auto/Home Quote and Video
“Have you had a chance to watch the video?”
- GOAL: Schedule LIFE Appointment – or at least continue to “Water the SEED” and moving the LIFE conversation along
- Close the Home and Auto